I’m struggling at the moment. My old brain is just not up to the job. I have spent many hours over the last day or two, trying to understand what has gone wrong. I’m posting here, in the hope that some clever WordPress user can help me. Here is the background:
For many months, I have been exporting my images directly from Lightroom to my WordPress Media Library using the ‘Dossier de Presse’ plugin. It has given me a very simple, and reliable tool. I stopped working a couple of days ago, producing the following onscreen message:
‘An internal error has occurred: Invalid at the top level of the document.’.
I had not knowingly made any changes to the set up of this plugin because it had been working perfectly. The only thing that I had done, was update my Lightroom installation to V 5.7 and initially, I wondered whether this could have introduced the problem. I don’t, however believe this to be the case because I have a second WordPress blog under production, and I can still export to this using exactly the same plugin procedure.
I’ve tried as far as I am able, to look for any differences between process used on the two ‘blogs’. I’m thinking about going back to ‘calling’ the images from Flickr, which is how I started, but don’t want to do this because I can’t set up ‘galleries’ within posts using that method.
If anyone can help, using terminology that this old man can understand, then I would be most grateful. In the meantime, I’ll look at other alternatives to try to keep this blog rolling.